Monday 27 January 2014

Chiplitfest, me and hopefully you!

s
Got plans for the 26th April? What do you mean it's months away? It's early(ish) spring and now the first snowdrops are out, spring is just around the corner.
The lovely people at Chiplitfest have asked me to do a workshop on writing for the world's best known romance publisher. As they helpfully point out in the publicity I spent long enough trying so I should know something about it. I have to admit I find the prospect a wee bit daunting and a tad presumptuous - after all my debut book will be less than a month old at the time - but luckily my lovely editor will be there to supply the wisdom. Flo edits some of the biggest and best and I know how lucky I am to have her as an editor - so don't miss out on a chance to hear what she has to say!

Saturday 26th April 2014

17:00 - 18:00 at The Chequers

So you want to write Mills & Boon?

Every three seconds someone in Britain buys a Mills & Boon novel. It seems romance is far from dead but just how hard is it to write one? Jessica Gilmore spent three years learning to write the perfect Mills and Boon, finally signing a two-book deal in 2013. Jessica is joined by her editor, Flo Nicoll, to discuss the unique ingredients of one of the most popular genres in the world.
Ticket price: £5.00 each

So please do come along! I'd love to see you there x

No comments: